Thursday, May 3, 2007

I'm (not) Batman


So the CDC called with results of the Bat incident and it did not have rabies...thanks be to God! Therefore I do not need to undergo the treatment (shots) for it. Nonetheless, a couple of guys from class have suggested the, incredibly cool, nickname for me of "Batman" due to my Bat-ness.
You know, the priesthood and Batman do have a lot in common...fighting the forces of evil, taking a stand for justice, coming to the aid of those in distress, an affinity for black clothes. So someday when I'm a priest (Lord-willing and the people consenting of course) if you ever see a Cross-shaped beacon in the moonlit clouds rest assured that it's simply my Bishop summoning me to the aide of those in need of the Church. In my utility belt I'll be carrying a Bible, a Crucifix, stole, holy water, anointing oil andthe Blessed Sacrament.
To the Priest-mobile Robin! Na-na na-na na-na na-na....

No comments: