Friday, April 27, 2007

Jesus, Coffee and Bicycles?

...some things I'm really excited about lately.

Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Co.
I love coffee. I'm a Barista. I love making coffee, drinking coffee, smelling coffee...you get the idea.
I love Jesus. I'm a Christian. I love His Church, His Mission, His people...

Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Co. is where these two things meet. LoTH produces outstanding Rwandan coffee which is helping rebuild Rwanda by providing living wages to coffee farmers, small-business loans to widows of the genocide and funding a Christian healing & reconciliation ministry for widows and orphans.

SO BUY THIS COFFEE! Because...
1) It's one of the best coffee's I've ever had (and I don't say that lightly!)
2) The money goes to a GREAT cause.
3) Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks.
Go check out their web-site and "Drink a Cup and Do Good"

Project Rwanda
In recent years I've become an avid cyclist. I am now a dork who wears spandex and watches the Tour de France every summer. Could be worse I guess. Anyhow...Tying together my passion for Jesus, Rwandan coffee and cycling is Project Rwanda. Coffee farmers in Rwanda need bikes and Project Rwanda gives them to 'em. Long-story-short, something as simple as a bicycle is helping rebuild the Rwandan economy. Because the farmers can use time more efficiently (3x faster!), visit one another to build stronger co-ops, etc. This is a way-cool project. A couple others like it that deserve are attention are Cediworks and the Africa Bike.

It's amazing how things we take for granted, like bikes and coffee, can help change the world, eh?






No comments: