Saturday, November 1, 2008

Deaconing with Bp. Godfrey

As those of you who read this blog know, I spent two weeks in Peru last January visiting the Anglican Diocese of Peru which is under the care of an incredibly inspiring father-in-God, Bishop William Godfrey. This week he was here at Nashotah House to received an honory Doctor of Divinity degree and then speak at our Missions Conference. The Missus, the Mancub and I had a lovely week hosting the Bishop, his wife Judith and their son Fr. Matt. And today I had the joy of serving as deacon for him at the Eucharist, my second ever diaconal liturgy. What a joy and a privilege!



2 comments:

sunrae said...

Where are you????? I haven't heard anything in a couple days, I am sure you are busy at school!!

Love Ya,

Sunrae

Joel Allen Prather said...

Hi Kiddo,
Thu: Down to Beecher to drop of the Mancub at the Missus' folks.
Fri: Drive from Beecher to Quincy for a big Annual Church meeting.
Sat: Drive from Quincy to Moline-Rock Island to serve at our sponsoring Church.
Sun: Drive from Moline-Rock Island to Beecher to get the Mancub. Then Beecher back to WI.
Phew!