Friday, June 22, 2007

Welcome to Ipswich

Greetings all, it's been a while since our last post and we've been wicked busy. ("Wicked" is New England slang for "very, very"). The Missus and I had a great time in Hawaii and when I have more time I'll try to add a Post re: that. We had 3 days home to pack for our 6 week stay here on the North Shore of Boston. We did a marathon 1 and 1/2 day drive here...for which my son deserves Sainthood, he was a content little man reading his books and eating snacks, and we will make it a 3 day trip home with fun stuff, 'nuff said...and arrived late Monday. Let me just say the layout of roads here completely defies any sense of intuition. Logic would tell you that to get to the thing East of you you head East, right? Not here!
We're staying with our dear friends and my son's having a ball assimilating into their clan of 5 GREAT kids. I am interning at Christ Church with my friend and mentor Mario+ and so far have preached twice and am learning the inner workings of Parish Life.
Wednesday Night we went to Woodmans in Essex for fried clams (which is my favorite seafood). The fried clam was actually invented in Ipswich. Then we walked around the docks and looked at the boats. My son is very excited to go on an "Ocean Boat" and we hope to take him whale watching sometime soon. Next week is the Festa in Gloucester and I hear the big event is a bunch of guys trying to climb a greased pole. Sounds like a hoot. So that's the news from Ipswich folks. I'll try to do better about keeing you all posted. Until next time May Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ richly bless each of you.

No comments: