Monday, September 10, 2007

Be Healed!...um...Εlmo?


So tonight my son and I are preparing for bedtime and he's sitting in the rocker in our room with his Elmo doll cradled in his lap. I'm looking through the bookshelf for some bedtime stories when I hear, "Thank You Lord..." I looked and he has his little head bowed and is praying, "Make him all better. Amen. Amen." It was priceless! So I ask him, "Whatcha doin' Bud?" "My baby's sick Dad, so I prayin' for him".
Now whenever he's been sick or hurt I often sit in his rocker with him cradled in my lap and pray for Jesus to make him all better. So I guess he was just doing like his Dad.
So he's finished praying for "his baby" and laid him down in his bed (the clothes basket) so he could get some sleep and be all better. Seeing how toddlers understand the Faith is so wonderful. The Lord Jesus' words ring so true in precious moments like these, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Amen.

2 comments:

Pete Juvinall said...

How old is he getting to be these days? :)

Hey Joel!!

Joel Allen Prather said...

The Jude-ster's two and half. How are you guys doing?